The TEAM Approach PD NJ
The TEAM Approach:
Improving School Climate & Building Leaders
Professional Development Workshop
6 Hours PD Available
Tuesday, October 17th 2017
Brick Schools Professional Development Center | 101 Hendrickson Ave, Brick, NJ 08724
This Professional Development Workshop will include ideas and research behind the new TEAM approach for schools. A TEAMologist will facilitate a unique training experience to talk about what schools can do to:
- Build a positive TEAM oriented culture where students feel connected and empowered to succeed
- Use a holistic approach starting in Kindergarten to create these positive climates
- Teach interconnected life skills, tied to their future careers, to promote student success
- Decrease HIB incidents by improving sense of connectedness
- Integrate STEAM and career education goals within the TEAM model
Participants will also get a glimpse at Project TEAM – a program based on the TEAM Approach that provides curriculum, materials and resources for an exciting and successful plan that meets and aligns with state policies, mandates and standards.
Who Should Attend
Elementary and Middle School
- Social Workers
- Case Managers
Registration: 8:00 a.m. (coffee & tea provided)
Workshop Begins: 8:30 a.m.
Lunch: 1 hour (on your own)
PD Certificates: 3:15 p.m.
Workshop Ends: 3:30 p.m.
Breaks: 15 minutes (mid-morning & mid-afternoon)
Teamologist: Lisa DiBernard M.Ed, LPC, NCC