Activity – 1st Grade – Ruby
- Review Resiliency from Mini-Lesson 1.
- Explain to students that they will be participating in an activity where they have to count as a team.
- Have the class sit in a big circle.
- Explain that one person will say 1 aloud. Each consecutive person in the circle will say the next number is sequential order aloud, one at a time.
- Tell students that if they go out of order, either by skipping a number or skipping a teammate in the circle, or if they hesitate they have to start over.
- Remind the class the activity is about being resilient and that even if they mess up they have to keep trying, even if they are frustrated.
- Have the class come up with a goal before they start. The goal should be a number they think they can count to as a team, without messing up.
- If the class if finding the activity too easy have them try to count faster.
- Have the class count by 2s or 5s.
- Why is it important to be resilient?
- How did you have to “bounce back” during the game?
- How did you use resiliency during the activity?
- How did you work together as a TEAM?