Journal – 3rd Grade – Lamar
- Review Leadership from Mini-Lessons 1 and 2.
- Explain to students that Leadership is important now and also for their futures.
- Refer to the careers listed under the Arts & Communication Career Pathway on the Career Pathways page of the Project TEAM Student Journal. Ask students to think of what types of strengths would be important for a few of the careers listed. Allow time for sharing ideas.
- Pathway Pause: Arts and Communication- Ask students what strengths would be important for an Author. Have a discussion about how an Author would use each one of the foundations in their career. Examples: When an Author is developing an idea for a book, they are thinking about how this book can help others, whether it be by entertaining them, educating them, and/or to solve a problem. They may use resiliency when they hit a creative block, or can’t figure out what should happen in the next chapter of the book.
- The students should complete the 3rd Grade Leadership writing prompt in the Student Journal.
- If time allows, have willing students share their journal entries with the class.
- Framing My Future Career Journal
- Pencil for each student