Journal – 4th Grade – Amelia
- Review Anti-Bullying from Mini-Lessons 1 and 2.
- Explain to students that Anti-Bullying is important now and also for their futures.
- Ask students if they think they will be working with people different than themselves when they are adults.
- Ask students if they think it will be important to be accepting of differences in their future careers. Allow time for answers.
- Pathway Pause: Industrial Technology and Engineering- Ask students what Commercial Pilots are responsible for on a daily basis. Explain Commercial Pilots receive training and are prepared for how they might deal with a change during flight. To keep their passengers safe, Pilots must be self-motivated, determined, and they must use leadership skills to think creatively, behave ethically, remain calm, and stay positive. Explain that an Air Traffic Controller is responsible for the safe and orderly flow of air traffic. They usually work in a control room or tower and might need to use a speaker system to communicate with pilots.
- Have them imagine one of the air traffic controllers had a thick accent and was made fun of by some of the pilots as they were going over protocols. Ask students if they think a Pilot is accepting differences or acting like a leader to their crew on board by making fun of the Air Traffic Controller. Have the students explain their answers.
- The students should complete the 4th Grade Anti-Bullying writing prompt in the Student Journal.
- If time allows, have willing students share their journal entries with the class.
- Framing My Future Career Journal
- Pencil for each student