Activity – 4th Grade – Lamar
Interview a Leader
- Have students choose a leader to interview.
- This can be used as a homework assignment or you could have a guest speaker come into the class. Students should have questions prepared to ask the guest speaker.
- Examples of leaders could include the following:
- Scout leaders
- Church or youth leaders
- Local Civic leaders
- Any stay-at-home parents
- Other teachers
- School administrators
- School counselors
- A parent who leads in their workplace
- Anyone else students deem to be leaders
4. Some sample questions might include:
- In what ways do you lead at work (in your job, at home, etc.)?
- What do you do that shows you are a good leader?
- When was the first time you recognized that you actually were leading someone or a group?
- What other opportunities have you had to lead?
- What advice do you have for me if I want to be a better leader?
5. Students are free to record or video the interview to share with classmates – with the permission of the person being interviewed. Invite students to share their interview experiences with the group.