Activity – 4th Grade – Ruby
- Divide the class into 3-4 TEAMS.
- Lay out the numbered circles in an area, in no order
- Create a clear start and a finish line in the room (the start line should have no clear view of the numbers).
- The groups must touch all of the numbered spots as fast as they can in order. The order can be lowest to highest or highest to lowest.
- Each person on the team needs to be involved in touching the numbers and crossing the finish line
- Give students 5 minutes to strategize a plan with their TEAM.
- Give them time to test their strategy, then to come up with new ones until they are able to successfully step on the numbers in order.
- Time each team to see how long it takes them to get from the start line to finish line, stepping on the numbers in order before finishing.
- See if TEAMs can beat their times.
- What were your strategies? How did you come up with a plan in your TEAM?
- Did you have to be resilient during the lesson? How so?
- How did it feel to be successful with the activity? Unsuccessful?
- What did you learn from the activity?
- 6-9 large circles with random numbers written on them