Journal – 4th Grade – Philo
- Review Problem Solving & Conflicting Resolution from Mini-Lessons 1 and 2.
- Explain to students that Problem Solving and Conflict Resolution are important now and also for their futures.
- Pathway Pause: Natural Resources- Explain to students that an Oceanographer is someone that studies marine life and the ecosystems that live there. Tell students that an Oceanographer has been tasked with monitoring the ocean after a volcano erupted.How can the Oceanographer use the Steps to Solving a Problem as they are monitoring the situation?
- Ask students how creative thinking can be used to solve problems or conflicts in their future careers. Allow time for answers.
- The students should complete the 4th Grade Problem Solving & Conflict Resolution writing prompt in the Student Journal.
- If time allows, have willing students share their journal entries with the class.
- Framing My Future Career Journal
- Pencil or pen for each student