Journal – 4th Grade – Ruby
- Review Resiliency from Mini-Lessons 1 and 2.
- Explain to students that Resiliency is important now and also for their futures.
- Ask students if they think people face adversity in their careers. Allow time for answers.
- Pathway Pause: Business and Marketing- Explain to students that a Manager is responsible for overseeing the work of a group of people. Have students imagine a situation where a manager at a restaurant had one employee break their leg, one employee had a spouse be transferred to another state, and one employee was graduating from college. They would have to figure out how to replace three employees at one time. How could they use resiliency to overcome this problem?
- The students should complete the 4th Grade Resiliency writing prompt in the Student Journal.
- If time allows, have willing students share their journal entries with the class.