Journal – 5th Grade – Philo
- Review Problem Solving & Conflicting Resolution from Mini-Lessons 1 and 2.
- Explain to students that Problem Solving and Conflict Resolution are important now and also for their futures.
- Pathway Pause: Natural Resources- Explain to students a Landscaper keeps our land neat, clean and beautiful. Explain this scenario to students: A family member of a Landscaper’s client commented that they didn’t like what the Landscaper was doing and questioned their thought process for placing the trees, bushes and flowers the way they did. Ask students why it is important that the Landscaper got the information from their client before the project was started.
- Ask students how open ended questions can be used to solve problems or conflicts in their future careers. Allow time for answers.
- Ask students if they think being open minded will be important in their future careers. Allow time for answers and explanations.
- The students should complete the 5th Grade Problem Solving & Conflict Resolution writing prompt in the Student Journal.
- If time allows, have willing students share their journal entries with the class.
- Framing My Future Career Journal
- Pencil or pen for each student