Journal – 5th Grade – Ruby
- Review Resiliency from Mini-Lessons 1 and 2.
- Explain to students that Resiliency is important now and also for their futures.
- Ask students if they think people face adversity in their careers. Allow time for answers.
- Pathway Pause: Business and Marketing- Explain to students that a Computer Programmer is someone who develops, maintains and debugs computer programs, usually for a company. Use this scenario with students: A Computer Programmer was in the middle of a major update of all of the computer systems for an entire company when the power goes out. What might their reaction look like if they were not using resiliency skills? What might a resilient response look like?
- The students should complete the 5th Grade Resiliency writing prompt in the Student Journal.
- If time allows, have willing students share their journal entries with the class.