Activity – 6th – Philo
Point A to Point B
- Review Problem Solving & Conflict Resolution from Mini-Lesson 1.
- Designate a Point A and Point B in the room.
- Place buckets at each point.
- Students are to get the ping pong ball from point A to point B using the paper towel rolls only.
- Students are to work together as a whole class team.
- Encourage class discussion to strategize and set goals.
- Once students have had the opportunity to talk as a team, have them work together, using only the paper towel rolls, to get the ping pong ball from point A (bucket 1) to point B (bucket 2) and then do the reverse moving the ball from point B (bucket 2) to point A (bucket 1).
- If the ball falls out and touches the ground at any time, the team has to start over at point A.
- Use a timer to set a goal,
- Use more than one ping pong ball.
- Have students be silent.
- How did you work together as a TEAM?
- What problems did you have during the activity?
- How did you work together to fix the problem?
- What was challenging about the activity? Easy?
- Did you have to use logical thinking? How?
- 10 paper towel rolls with one end cut at a 45-degree angle
- 1 ping pong ball
- 2 buckets