Activity – 6th – Philo
- Lay the tarp on the floor and instruct the class to put both feet on the tarp.
- After they are all standing on the tarp, have them step off. Then fold the tarp in half.
- Direct the students again to put both feet on the tarp.
- After they are all standing on the tarp, have them all step off. Again, fold the tarp in half.
- Repeat this procedure until the tarp is about 3 feet square.
- Hopefully at this point someone will realize they do not need to be standing to get their feet on the tarp.
- At what point did you start to realize there would be a problem?
- What were some solutions you first thoght of to yourself?
- How did it feel when you solved this problem?
- 1 large tarp – big enough for the whole group to stand on