Activity – 7th Grade – Ruby
- Ask students, “What do you think roadblock means?” Before getting an answer, have them talk with students around them.
- Define Roadblock – an action, condition, etc., that obstructs progress toward an objective.
- Have students watch the short YouTube clip.
- After providing a very brief review of roadblock definition, have students think about the clip.
- Ask “What was the roadblock the character encountered?”
- Ask “Did the character have supporters? If so, who were they?”
- Ask, “How did they break through, or get around the roadblock?”
- Have student think about and share what they learned about resiliency as a result of this experience?
- YouTube clip about someone (preferably famous) overcoming adversity – clips about Olympic athletes are good
- Screen or Smart Board