Journal – 7th Grade – Philo
- Review Problem Solving & Conflict Resolution from Mini-Lessons 1 & 2.
- Ask the students the following question, “When thinking about Philo’s 5 Steps to Solving a Problem, which step might it be easy to get stuck on?” Allow students a few minutes to think about their responses. Allow 3 or 4 students to share.
- Ask the students the following question, “When thinking about Philo’s 5 Ways to Resolve a Conflict, which one are you most comfortable with? Which one are you most uncomfortable with?” Allow students a few minutes to think about their responses. Allow 3 or 4 students to share. Point out to students that the more we are aware of the ways in which we solve problems, the more unlikely we are to get stuck on a particular step or strategy.
- Pathway Pause: Natural Resources- Say to the students, “A Chemist is a scientist trained in the study of chemistry. Chemists carefully measure substance proportions, reaction rates, and other chemical properties. They use their strengths in research, observation, and experiments to explain their findings to others. Their findings can impact our daily lives in a variety of ways so we want them to be accurate in their research. How does a Chemist use Critical and Logical Thinking?”
- The students should complete the 7th Grade Problem Solving & Conflict Resolution writing prompt in their Student Journal.
- Framing My Future Career Journal
- Pencil or pen for each student