Journal – 8th Grade – Amelia
- Review Anti-Bullying from Mini-Lesson 1 and 2.
- Have students think about how important facing bullying is.
- Pathway Pause: Industrial Technology and Engineering- Say to the students, “A Director of Information Technology is responsible for the overall planning, organizing, and execution of all IT functions at the location. An IT office receives a work order to fix one of the computers in a graduate lab on a college campus. The IT intern who receives the work order tells the IT director she is concerned about going there to fix the computer because when she has gone there before some of the graduate students make fun of her for the way she looks and the clothes she wears. She mentions this will “be the fourth time she has to go over there and she just can’t face them again.” Is this an example of bullying? Explain why or why not. How could the IT Director respond to the situation?
- The students should complete the Anti-Bullying writing prompt in the Student Journal.
- Framing My Future Career Journal
- Pencil or pen for each student