Activity – 8th – Harper
This activity promotes Helping Others, Problem Solving, Resiliency and Leadership.
- Have everyone stand on the tarp or “magic carpet.”
- Instruct the class to work together as a team to flip the tarp from the side it is on to upside down.
- Explain to students that nobody can step off the tarp at any time. If anyone steps off the taro, they have to start over.
- What was easy? Hard?
- How did you have to help each other?
- What would have happened if you didn’t help each other?
- How did problem solving play a part in helping others?
- A tarp large enough for the whole class to stand on comfortably