How to be a Resilient Kid!
- Explain to the class that there are three things you have to learn to be a resilient kid!
- Take Care of ME!
- Be a good TEAMmate…think about OTHERS!
- Surround yourself with a good TEAM so you have others to help take care of you!
- Explain to students that being resilient can get you through all kinds of things. It’s so important to learn to be a resilient kid!
- Pass out How to Be a Resilient Kid! Worksheet 1. Then, make 3 columns on a chalkboard, whiteboard, or somewhere where all students can see and follow along.
- Have students fill in their worksheets as they follow along.
Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
ME OTHERS TEAM
Say, “Can you think of some ways to take care of yourself?” List student ideas under column 1.
Say, “Can you think of ways to help take care of others?” List student ideas under column 2.
Say, “Can you think of why it’s important to have a good TEAM to help you take care of you?” List student ideas under column 3.
5. Pass out the How to Be a Resilient Kid! Worksheet 2. Have students work together in small TEAMs to go over the lists they created as a class, and compare Worksheet 1 and Worksheet 2.